Saturday, January 15, 2011

Foster Care Update

If you missed part one of the this story........  click here.

I have had a few people ask me how the process is going for foster care.

All of our paperwork is in, and we have had our personal interviews and our family homestudy.

We estimate about four to six more weeks until everything is processed and we are approved for foster care.

Isaac and Zion both told the social worker that they want a little sister. 

I am not sure, when placing children, how much they factors in, but the social worker thought it was cute!
We are asking friends and family to continue to pray for us and the child(ren) that will be in our home.

Each situation will have its own story, and it will be a hard story.

For many obvious reasons, we won't be allowed to share these stories on the blog, so if you would like to be on a personal prayer list for us, please email me at MikenMelda@aol.com and I will add you to the email update list.

For now, please pray for these two little boys.



Again, I can't tell you their story, but they need a home.  They have been in a shelter here on Guam for some time.  I believe that God knows what they need, and if we are part of that process, I pray that we will be the hands and feet of Jesus to them.

Thank you for your love and support!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! Brock was just asking about everything last night. We definitely want in on the prayer list!

    Praying for you guys as you walk this out! We start re-training on Jan. 25.

    Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete